CMSA, Scholz, Oswald & Shaffer, LLC is hiring qualified and experienced drafting professionals to join the firm’s collaborative team working in their Sarasota office. Experience in high-end residential design and familiarity with Florida building codes preferred.
We offer an opportunity to work on projects with three licensed architects covering a broad range of styles, both new construction and renovation, and to see the work develop through all phases, from concept to completion. The successful candidate will be working collaboratively with our project team, coordinating with clients, and communicating with regulatory agencies.
CMSA supports employee efforts to expand knowledge and skills through CEU trainings and may provide reimbursement for other approved training programs.
Our mid-size team works closely together and enjoys third Friday afternoon social/recreation time at the office. Quarterly excursions provide the whole team a chance to visit job sites to see work in progress or completed, along with refreshments – for example, lunch followed by a pontoon boat tour of waterfront projects.
- 100% coverage of health, dental & vision (after 90 days)
- 401k matching (after 1 year)
- 13 days PTO (increases to 18 after 5 years)
- 2 bonuses a year (one before Christmas & one in June)
- 4 BIG fun days a year (the team visits a few jobsites then does something fun afterward)
- In-house fun days (every third Friday)
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems
- Hand drawing and physical model building
- Proficiency in design, problem solving, sustainable design, and emerging computer technologies
- Advanced level of proficiency in Revit/ArchiCAD and AutoCAD
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch Up graphic software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email, with “Job Application” in the subject line.
- Plan to show samples of projects at first interview – either via zoom or in person.
- COVID-19: We refer to CDC recommendations
- Blog :
- Job Openings : Job Openings
- News :