Junior Interior Designer
CMSA is looking for a highly motivated individual who has excellent attention to detail and disciplined work habits to join our CMSA Interior Design team in a support role to the Senior Interior Designer.
The new Interior Design team member will:
- Assist with space planning and coordination of interior design finishes and detailing.
- Assist in the selection and specification of finishes, furniture, appliances, plumbing fixtures and accessories, decorative lighting, decorative hardware, and window treatments.
- Work closely with designers, architects, vendors, contractors, and fabricators
Perform product and sourcing research.
- Communicate with vendors and fabricators to confirm availability and pricing of products and materials.
Order and organize product samples. Maintain client binders and bins.
- Track orders
- Utilize advanced technical skills to in the production of interior design presentations, renderings, and to produce construction documents, specifications, and record documents.
- Conform with CMSA standards in regards to the production and presentation of design drawings, construction documents and specifications.
- Use feedback from team members to improve knowledge of interior design, architecture, and construction.
- Some local travel could be required for client meetings and vendor visits – must have a reliable car.
Required Core Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Very strong follow through
- Very strong attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving abilities – able to change directions fast
- Flexibility, resourcefulness & dependability
Required Technical Skills:
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD. Experience with BIM especially ArchiCAD a plus
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Sketch-up, V-Ray, and/or other modeling software